[F_minor] GG: Interesting Gouldian Auction

Glenn Gould Goldberg Variation Original Notes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=160025812476&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

It's going for $5,000. There is only one bid so far (reserve not met).

I'm surprised to find something like this on sale. Is this
common? I can understand GG's autographs going for for sale,
as well as letters he sent to people, even canceled checks.
But I would've thought his notes on the Goldbergs would
have stayed in his personal collection. Did he give away
copies to people he worked with or something?

------
Anne M. Marble
My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml