Re: [F_minor] GG: Interesting Gouldian Auction

the item being auctioned off is very interesting.  but how does anyone know anything about it's authenticity. is there a more elaborate description somewhere. is there a place of origin, a previous collector, listed somewhere. if anyone has any ideas about this, I'm sure many of us would be interested.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Anne M. Marble<mailto:amarble@sff.net>
  To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU<mailto:F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
  Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:28 AM
  Subject: [F_minor] GG: Interesting Gouldian Auction

  Glenn Gould Goldberg Variation Original Notes

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll>?
  ViewItem&item=160025812476&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

  It's going for $5,000. There is only one bid so far (reserve not met).

  I'm surprised to find something like this on sale. Is this
  common? I can understand GG's autographs going for for sale,
  as well as letters he sent to people, even canceled checks.
  But I would've thought his notes on the Goldbergs would
  have stayed in his personal collection. Did he give away
  copies to people he worked with or something?

  ------
  Anne M. Marble
  My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml<http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml>