[F_MINOR] Congratulations to Mr. Junichi Miyazawa

First, let me wish a Happy New Year to all f_minors! As the first posting of 2006, I'd
like to take this chance to wish everyone a year full of happiness and good cheer. May all
your dreams be Gouldian! (Well, most of them anyway).

I would like to take this opportunity to make everyone aware of the awesome
accomplishments of one of our very own, noted scholar, professor and author, Junichi Miyazawa.

Junichi was the well-deserved winner of the Yoshida Hidekazu Award for 2005 for his book
"Guren gurudu ron" (Glenn Gould: A Perspective). This award, named after the leading
critic in Japan, is a prestigious prize granted annually to the best published Japanese
criticism on music and arts, for the year preceding the award.  It is the fifteenth year
awarded, and the first win for a book in the field of Canadian studies.

Here is a brief summary:
http://www.jpf.go.jp/ContentFunc/contentsCtrl?cls=24&conid=19&action=0104&regist=159

Here is Junichi's web site with a brief synopsis of his book:
http://www.walkingtune.com/ggron_e.html

And finally, here are some pictures of the award ceremony (in Japanese only):
http://www.shunjusha.co.jp/news/2005/12/glenn_yoshida.html

Please join me in wishing Junichi well-deserved congratulations for this awesome honour,
and our thanks for bringing Glenn Gould and Canada to such prominence.

Well done, Junichi!

Regards,
Matthew

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn