[F_MINOR] My Christmas gift

Hello All F-minors,

It’s been long time since my last message on f-minor (wasn’t it on cats J ??), but I’ve been staying tuned, tracking at least part of topics.

A bit too late to wish you all good and peaceful Christmas - so I’d like to take my chance to wish you Happy and Gouldian New Year!

The impulse to write now is to share with you my joy of the Christmas gift I was given by Santa – that is, my dearest wife. It is a film by Bruno Monsaingeon, The Alchemist, a series of interviews with GG illustrated with his playing, a DVD edition – most of you probably know it already, but it is quite new to me. I had no time to watch everything, only extensive fragments. I don’t find it easy to follow up all from Gould’s „overfluent” speech – but it’s another challenge; anyway, I can understand enough for now. Most fascinating are a few minutes („ghostly”, as Mr Monsaingeon says in his commentary) of a 1950’s film by, If I remeber the name correctly, David Hirvy, showing Gould’s fingerwork in slow motion (though, I must admit, it is equally fascinating to watch his fingers at full speed :-).

I’m sure you understand my excitement – it is just half of that I felt when my son was born J (which took place this year on 26th Sept.!!!)

Greetings – Serdecznie pozdrawiam,

Przemek Dolowy, Poland

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website