From: "musical mat" <wicks_m@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: <F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [F_MINOR] F_MINOR Digest - 2 Nov 2004 to 16 Nov 2004 (#2004-97)

> Hi fellow Gouldians!
>
>      While I have never really had the cahcne to go through the
docudramas, I have to admit my favourite Gould quote is the one that is on
the cover of a state of wonder CD set.

> "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of
adrenaline, but rather the lifelong construction of a state of wonder and
serenity."

> In fact, I liked it so much that I wrote a song for tenor and piano with
these words.  In fact, I think that I am going to have to listen to the
state of wonder CDS today.

> Take care,
>
> M Wicks

> >Date:    Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:09:55 +0100
> >From:    pzumst <pzumst@BLUEWIN.CH>
> >Subject: GG: Your favourite GG Docudrama quote
> >
> >Well , it has been more than quiet on this list for far too long, eh ?
> >(at least for my reckoning)
> >So in order to wake y'all up before definetly going into winter sleep I
> >came up with the very silly idea of  sharing favourite quotes from GG's
> >various Docudramas for a change and  see what's going to happen......
> >Here's mine:
> >"I thintk the North in the future is going to look appaulingly like the
> >rest of Canada  and that's great as far as  I'm  concerned. It's going
> >to look like Suburbia......

> Signoff instructions, and user preference interface
>
> F_minor Website

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn