Re: [F_MINOR] F_MINOR Digest - 2 Nov 2004 to 16 Nov 2004 (#2004-97)

A State of Wonder is a CD set that came out about a year ago by (I think) sony classical.  I contains the 1955 goldberg variations recording, previously unreleased outakes from the 1955 recording, a previously unreleased interview of Glenn Gould and Tim Page (which was published also in the Glenn Gould magazine) , as well as the previously unreleased analogue backup version of the 1981 Goldverg Variations recording.  This is a 3 CD set, and is worth putting on your list of CDs to buy.  Also, the quote that I gave is found in the Glenn Gould reader, in the article where Glenn Gould speaks to the graduates of the Royal Conservatory of Music.  I hope this clarifies it.

M Wicks

>Dear Gouldians,
>

>I apologise for what certainly is a stupid question but being a recent Gould
>admirer I don?t know what a state of wonder CD set is. Would any of you
>please be so kind to enlighten me?
>
>Thank you very much in advance.
>

>José de Anchieta
>
>from Brazil
>

>Hi fellow Gouldians!
>
>      While I have never really had the cahcne to go through the docudramas,
>I have to admit my favourite Gould quote is the one that is on the cover of
>a state of wonder CD set.
>
>"The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of
>adrenaline, but rather the lifelong construction of a state of wonder and
>serenity."
>
>In fact, I liked it so much that I wrote a song for tenor and piano with
>these words.  In fact, I think that I am going to have to listen to the
>state of wonder CDS today.
>
>Take care,
>
>M Wicks

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website