[F_MINOR] Glenn Gould and the Romantics

Today I got a CD I never in a million years thought I
would buy.  The Glenn Gould Edition SM2K 52 622. I
bought it for the Prokofiev B flat Major Sonata.  This
is mind blowing.  Also on the 2 CD set is the Chopin
Sonata in B minor, 5 of Mendelssohn's Songs without
Words, Prokofiev's Visions fugitive Op 22 #2,
Scriabin's 3rd and 5th Sonatas and several of his
smaller pieces.
I have been reading about Scriabin.  GG did not
"discover" him until after he retired from the stage.
Naturally he admired Scriabin's later works more than
his earlier, more Romantic music.  Too bad GG didn't
get around to recording more of his work.  GG and
Scriabin go well together.

If you have not heard GG play any Romantic music, I
highly recommend this CD.  Naturally, his Chopin is a
bit different.  I especially enjoyed the Finale.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn