Re: [F_MINOR] Glenn Gould and the Romantics

Scriabin's 3rd sonata is a wonderful piece of music and of the several versions I've heard I liked Gould's best.  It's beautifully played and I don't think anyone can fault him for it.  Even his tempos are perfect.

On the subject of the Romantics, one of my real regrets with regard to missing pieces in GG's repertoiry is Schubert.  The tiny excerpt he played from the 5th symphony in one of his video's was delightful and all of the harmonics and modulations in Schubert would have been perfect for Gould.  Alas....Dorian

Today I got a CD I never in a million years thought I
would buy.  The Glenn Gould Edition SM2K 52 622. I
bought it for the Prokofiev B flat Major Sonata.  This
is mind blowing.  Also on the 2 CD set is the Chopin
Sonata in B minor, 5 of Mendelssohn's Songs without
Words, Prokofiev's Visions fugitive Op 22 #2,
Scriabin's 3rd and 5th Sonatas and several of his
smaller pieces.
I have been reading about Scriabin.  GG did not
"discover" him until after he retired from the stage.
Naturally he admired Scriabin's later works more than
his earlier, more Romantic music.  Too bad GG didn't
get around to recording more of his work.  GG and
Scriabin go well together.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website