Re: GG: Gould's francophonie...

> Hey, that's some useful information. I've often wondered what was one that
> disc.
> Thanks for writing in.
>
> So which essay is it?  Who is it on? Bach?

this is only  a small footnote in the gould catalogue, and much to my irritation
I found out that only little info on this german feature is out there...........

in the early 70s gg was contacted by the now defunct european broadcasting union
ebu and recorded some material
in collaboration with the cbc for them.
it seems that among these recordings was a german feature with comments by gould
on bach, the art of the fugue (the printed version can be foudn in the gg
reader, don't have mine at hand to tell you the title)and musical examples
clocking in at 17:40.
It was later released as a supplementeray disk for the german wtc and
re-released for the german version of the 32 sf soundtrack. at present the cd is
not available (and I don't have any intention to sell my copy) so all ya
need-to-have-everything collectors should check the german ebay site.

if you have any additonal info, corrections, complaints etc let me know
rgds
pat