Re: GG: Gould's francophonie...

> However, are you aware that Glenn did do a native German language spoken promo for a German release of his record? Here is the info from the NLC:
>
>     File no. / No du dossier: 34 32 10
>     Series / Séries: Correspondence, incoming
>     Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Stracke, Hans Richard CBS Schallplatten,
>     Frankfurt, Germany
>     Title / Titre: Gould, Glenn
>     Contents / Contenu: will send six more sets, suggests Gould record 8-12 minute talk in
>     German about Bach in connection with release of CBS Schallplatten S77337
>     Date: 1970 Dec 16
>     Medium / Média: typescript
>     Pages: 1 leaf
>
> Can any of our German friends give further analysis of this piece??? Danke!!

well I'm not a german but swiss (language problem ? tell me about it). german is my native language and so I know more about this piece.

A 17-minute audio essay by gg in german on bach can be heard on the german version of the 32 film soundtrack s2k 64315 , probably recorded in 1972 for german radio. this is no original piece, just a translation of one of his essays.
unfortunetly there is not that much info in the liner notes but I know where to look that up if anyone wants to know more his german doesn't sound that bad for someone who needed a trainer and who at least to my knowledge never had any german lessons.....
rgds
pat