Re: war music / Kriegsmusik / musique du la guerre / musica de la guerra

I am forced to agree in milder language the sentiments of David. No one "wants" war especially those who actually have to fight it. I support the war because I agree with the goal of liberating the Iraqi people from an evil and murderous regime. I have yet to meet a war monger, and I have yet to meet someone who is against the war. It all depends on your social circle I suppose.

That said, I have one other comment and request to make. The comment first: This list is one of the most enjoyable lists to which I subscribe because its members are so well mannered and friendly. We are tolerant of a wide variety of opinion - in a sense we are a community. I subscribe to some other music lists and I have seen before how other lists have degenerated because someone decided to post a political opinion that was not relevant to the topic at hand and decided to highjack the list as a forum for expressing these views. I was raised that in polite society that you never discuss religion or politics (and I now have to add race to the list) because they inflame passions in people and can cause hatred between people. I made this mistake in arguing politics (my conservative) with an Aunt (her liberal). The relationship has never been the same. Now then, my request.....

Can we please avoid controversial topics on this list that aren't relevant to the topic of GG. Please don't use this as a forum to preach a political point of view. It could damage the character and sense of community on the list. I enjoy all of your postings too much to see them degenerate into harsh arguments.

Thanks,

Eric Cline

Sr. R & D Chemist

Graphic Arts Synthesis Group

REICHHOLD, Inc.

Global Coating and Performance Resins

Phone Toll Free: 1-800-448-3482 ext.8116

e-mail: eric.cline@reichhold.com

http://www.reichhold.com

(Click here to go to the Reichhold home page)