Re: review of Gould's Brahms

Ah, shucks, you're right Elmer, that was hitting below the belt.  But you started it by posting that article on Cage's organ 'composition.'  ;-)
I take it back.  You don't sound like Cage.  (who's that for damnation by faint praise!)

I think I'll go get my favorite recording of 4'33'' and listen to it while sitting in the woods filled with 16 inches of snow.

Jim (Grimaud and Katchen are great with Brahms, as well as Gould.)

PS:  A few years ago someone on the list brought up a story by Lydia Davis called "Glenn Gould" collected in the book
"Almost No Memory." I finally picked up a copy.  Interesting, but not much to do with Gould.  Good writer.  Anybody
else seen the story?

Hey, now you're sounding like John Cage!

Jim

Hey, no need to get insulting!