History of Music and Arts Gould

Hi List,

Anyone have good knowledge of the history behind the Music and Arts recordings?  From what I can tell they were released from 1987 to 1991.
How did Music and Arts get their hands on these recordings?  Did they really slowly release them five years?  Are the ones from the 80s easier to find
than the ones from the early 90s?  Did the earlier ones circulate more in the USA than the later ones?  Did it take a few years of lawsuits from Sony to get M &A to stop releasing the recordings? Why didn't Sony make
M&A stop releasing them when they bought CBS?   If Music and Arts in 1987 legally had the rights to those recordings, how could Sony later make them stop printing them?  Was this a bootleg operation from the start?

By the way, Sony, from what I can tell, bought CBS in 1987.  I have no idea when the idea for a Glenn Gould edition came to their minds.

Also, the Odyssey records (a handful of Mozart, Beethoven and one Bach disc) seems to have been released in 1987, 89, and 90. That is to say right at the time Sony bought CBS and before the GG edition starts coming out.

Thanks,

Jim