GlennGould: Off the Record

Hello...a very sad thing occured this past thursday evening.

Well...it was something I was looking forward to for about a month.

The Museum of Television and Radio (los angeles) was having a running
exhibit on canada...and January 9 at 6:00, they were going to play the 30
minute documentary Glenn Gould: Off the Record, along with some other
candadian documentaries.  It was also playing at noon the entire week,
but...school interfered.

Well...they played it.  And I was there...and I loved it.  But, the
absolutely depressing part is that I was the only one in the theater.  It
may be attributed to the Museum's overall lack of popularity (it's always
dead empty), but it still made me feel bad for glenn.

nevertheless, the documentary was wonderful with some very fun parts.  i
suggest it to everyone.  glenn on a walk with banquo, playing with him -
it felt very surreal.  Also some great footage of him at steinway and
sons, jolly as usual.

alright, keep it real!

-ML

PS - if anyone has seen it - was that a clementi sonatina he played at
the end?  i cant remember...it didnt sound like bach

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com