Re: A question for all you Gouldians

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leah Stanwyck" <lstanwyk@RYERSON.CA>
To: <F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: A question for all you Gouldians

> In my personal opinion, I have never been satisfied with any
> interpretation other than a Euro-based one.

Well, I for one enjoy most of Masaaki Suzuki's conducting Bach's cantatas.
;)

Bradley has praised Goldberg Variations played on the piano by a Chinese (?)
Zhu Xiao-Mei. I still haven't got the opportunity to listen to the rendition
but it well might be interesting if it's really different from the many
recordings of the work.

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://www.mp3.com/juozasrimas (oboe, piano, strings)