Re: A question for all you Gouldians

    IS SHE THE GIRL WHO HE PROPOSED TO!???

I don't believe so.

At least as documented in several of the biographies, GG tended to drop
people completely when that's how he felt.  He did this with many people
-- other musicians, recording engineers, etc., etc.  So I took the "why
did you stop calling me" scene in 32SF as coming from that.

I'm not sure how serious the marriage proposal was, either.  There is
little mention of it anywhere I've been able to find, beyond the
statement that the woman was probably married.  It was a real letter,
though -- it is in the `Glenn Gould selected letters' book.

There is no evidence of homosexuality at all, as far as I've read.

Everything I've read indicates that GG simply poured far more emotion
into his music than into personal relationships, for whatever reason
that anyone does anything.  That was his real love.  So happy listening!

- karl