GG: the mysterious love letter

ML wrote:

>The letter reads as
>follows, and I strongly believe that this was an original letter---not a
>composition created for the movie:
>"You know, I am deeply in love with a certain beautiful girl. I asked her
>to marry me, but she turned me down, but I still love her more than
>anything in the world. And every minute I can spend with her is pure
>heaven. But I don't want to be a bore, and if I could only get her to
>tell me when I could see her it would help. She has a standing invitation
>to let me take her anywhere she'd like to go, anytime, but it seems to me
>she never has time for me. Please, if you see her, ask her to let me know
>when I can see her, and when I can."

For the sake of interest, compare it with Beethoven's love letter:
http://www.theromantic.com/LoveLetters/beethoven.htm

July 6, 1806

My angel, my all, my very self -- only a few words today and at that with
your pencil -- not till tomorrow will my lodgings be definitely determined
upon -- what a useless waste of time. Why this deep sorrow where necessity
speaks -- can our love endure except through sacrifices -- except through
not demanding everything - - can you change it that you are not wholly
mine, I not wholly thine?

Oh, God! look out into the beauties of nature and comfort yourself with
that which must be -- love demands everything and that very justly -- that
it is with me so far as you are concerned, and you with me. If we were
wholly united you would feel the pain of it as little as I!

Now a quick change to things internal from things external. We shall
surely see each other; moreover, I cannot communicate to you the
observations I have made during the last few days touching my own life --
if our hearts were always close together I would make none of the kind. My
heart is full of many things to say to you - Ah! -- there are moments when
I feel that speech is nothing after all -- cheer up -- remain my true,
only treasure, my all as I am yours; the gods must send us the rest that
which shall be best for us.

Your faithful,
Ludwig

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://i.am/bpl  or  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot