GG and his sex life

I recall hearing scuttlebutt about GG's sex life years
ago.  Think it was mentioned in a book but the memory
is foggy for source.  The way I recall it is that he
struck up a long passionate relationship with a
married (???) American woman (who had children) and
this affair was carried on in private and only GG's
closest and most select friends knew of it.  That's
all I can recall.

The real cause for people's obsession for GG's sex
life is most likely an unspoken horror or voyeuristic
urge to know if he was gay or bisexual as say,
Horowitz.  That's my suggestion.  As for the essence
of a person's sexuality, who really cares?  Many
artists in the past and present had all kinds of
sexual tendencies or habits.  Gay, bi and hetero or
combinations.  Does it matter one jot if Jack Kerouac
was bisexual?  Does it matter if Leonardo da Vinci may
have been gay?  And what of Schubert?  Who cares?  It
distracts from knowing the bigger picture by focusing
on a matter that merely titillates our own sexual
fantasies. IMHO.

Kind regards,

Fred Houpt

Yahoo! - We Remember