Playing GG's piano National Library of Canada-NOT :-(

Dear Folks:  Since I couldn't get my silly email
software to include a copy of the email I received
from the NLC, I copied it to this email.  I wrote to
the National Library of Canada, where one of GG's
pianos are....hoping to get permission to play it.
This is not to be.  I thought their response might be
useful for someone else on the list who might want to
try to do the same at sometime in the future.

I haven't given up.  I am still waiting to hear back
from Roy Thomson Hall and the CBC studios.  By the
way, where is ottawa in relation to toronto....could i
have gotten to it by subway....had they granted me
permission???

Dear Deborah Dana:

We have received your message requesting permission to
play the Glenn Gould piano during your visit to Ottawa
on October 4-7.  The piano is on view in the foyer of
the auditorium, and when no activities are taking
place in the vicinity, pianists may be allowed to play
the piano briefly, with a Music Division staff member
present.  We do not work on weekends, however, and
unfortunately there will be activities in the
auditorium and surrounding area on both October 4 and
7, so it will not be possible to play the piano at the
time of your visit.   If you can tell us the specific
time you expect to be here, we could arrange for
someone to give you a tour of the building.   In the
Music Division we have books and other information
about Glenn Gould that you can consult;  if you would
like to examine any documents in the Glenn Gould
archive, it is advisable that you make an appointment.

I am sorry that it will not be possible for you to
play the Gould piano, but I hope you will enjoy your
visit to the National Library of Canada.

Sincerely,

Marlene Wehrle
Music Division
National Library of Canada
mus@nlc-bnc.ca

=====
Deborah Dana

"To Forgive is human, to err is computer"

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute