Re: GG Beethoven

I kind of thought the same with GG playing some Wagner
he arranged for piano, the first time I heard. But
later, I don't know how I heard the magic, we all hear
in great recordings (specially GG's). I guess I
noticed how he tries to imitate orchestral
instruments, maybe  not too obviously you know. But he
does try to sound like violins and woodwinds and
percussion. He tries to do all that and it might not
be too notorious but that i what I think is a great
achievement of his.

Sara .
--- Fred Stubbings <velfred@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

<HR>
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1251"
http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000"
name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I&nbsp;just bought my first disappointing CD of
GG.&nbsp; It is "The GG Edition Beethoven Liszt Piano
Transcriptions, Symphony No.5 &amp; No. 6".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is the first time I have ever heard
Beethoven No. 5 &amp; 6 played as piano solos.&nbsp; I
have heard the orchestra versions many times and
enjoyed them.&nbsp; As piano solos they just sounded
so monotonous with the same themes played over and
over.&nbsp; With the orchestra version it doesn't seem
so noticeable because they are tossing the themes back
and forth between different sections of the
orchestra.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Actually, from the GG writings I didn't think
that he liked Liszt that much or Beethoven
either.&nbsp; I see that he has other Beethoven
recordings, probably the piano concertos would have
been better.&nbsp; I am trying to build a library of
CDs and was looking for Beethoven piano music, and of
course my first choice for piano music is always
GG.&nbsp; Has anyone got any suggestions for a good
Beethoven CD by GG?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--- Fred Stubbings</DIV>
<DIV>--- <A
href="mailto:velfred@earthlink.net";>velfred@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>--- EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real
Internet.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>