GG Beethoven

I just bought my first disappointing CD of GG.  It is "The GG Edition Beethoven Liszt Piano Transcriptions, Symphony No.5 & No. 6".

This is the first time I have ever heard Beethoven No. 5 & 6 played as piano solos.  I have heard the orchestra versions many times and enjoyed them.  As piano solos they just sounded so monotonous with the same themes played over and over.  With the orchestra version it doesn't seem so noticeable because they are tossing the themes back and forth between different sections of the orchestra.

Actually, from the GG writings I didn't think that he liked Liszt that much or Beethoven either.  I see that he has other Beethoven recordings, probably the piano concertos would have been better.  I am trying to build a library of CDs and was looking for Beethoven piano music, and of course my first choice for piano music is always GG.  Has anyone got any suggestions for a good Beethoven CD by GG?

--- Fred Stubbings
--- velfred@earthlink.net