Re: GG Taboos

Title: Re: GG Taboos
On the subject of what should/should not be discussed on F-Minor, Mary Jo wrote :

> I have no problem with people discussing GG's biography.  I think Kate is
> referring to folks who don't like to discuss the personal life of artists,
> not a specific taboo on the list.

Yes, this   is  what I  meant. I am sorry if I seemed to be suggesting that there are  (or should be!) definite no-go areas with respect to  F-Minor's discussions about GG. I personally feel that what an artist creates is so intimately bound up with his inner nature and personality that it is perfectly valid to consider any  aspect  of his life in order to help understand his creativity.
Glenn Gould was a very interesting guy, who led a very interesting life.  For me, learning about him - as well as delighting in his music - is a joy.

Kate