Re: GG Booklet: Goldberg Variations on accordion

I picked it up second hand and it’s great. More intimate than organ and not a gimmick. Hussong is a virtuoso of the classic accordion as far as one can see from his web-site, famous in the field, of which I know nothing. The danciness of the Goldbergs gets good ambience. CD not sold everywhere but must be obtainable. He’s German if I remember.

From a Sweden basking in the 80’s for about 2½months now. Nice and nearly cool in my room at 2 a m.

Regards

Dyfan Lewis

-----Original Message-----
Sent: den 23 augusti 2002
23:10
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: GG Booklet: Goldberg Variations on accordion

Dears Fminors,

in the booklet of CD 654  "Music&Arts"  -    Glenn Gould's Bach performances -  dr. Kevin Bazzana wrote that

"Stefan  Hussong  in 1988 recorded the Goldberg Variations on accordion  released as Thorofon CTH 2047"

I don't know this piece ; please could you give me any information about this recording?

Thanks

Valeria Massari