GG Taboos

Kate Clunies-Ross wrote:

>I am fully aware that many people think for example that we should only
concern ourselves with Gould'smusic and other work, not the minutia  of his
life and personality.<

Please help  me out.  I am a new member.  This is the second veiled reference I have read about things we should not talk about on this list.  The F_ minor Homepage calls this list "A mailing list devoted to the discussion of Glenn Gould."  Why doesn't this include his life and personality?  Glenn Gould was a very interesting lad.  His  life style choices affected his work.  An artist's personality goes hand and hand with his work.  How can you separate one from the other?  Should you?

What subjects are off limits?

James