Re: GG CBC-O-Rama (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:49:59 -0400
From: Harding.Matthew <Matthew.Harding@cic.gc.ca>
To: Mary Jo Watts <mwatts@RCI.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: RE:      GG CBC-O-Rama

Bless you, Mary Jo! How good it is to have connections in "high
places"!!!

A small correction: the url should be http://artscanada.cbc.ca/gould
(an "s" in artscanada).

All this material from CBC, and one puny CD re-release from Sony! ("Hey
look! A 3-CD set featuring: 2 CDs you already have, and probably have
more than once, and the Tim Page interview which has been floating
around the underground for years now"). Come on, Sony!!! If you're
listening, get out the marketing machine and start producing some REAL
material for the 70th birthday!!!

Unreleased material I would like to see from Sony:

    - The out-takes from the '81 Goldberg session, including the one
where Glenn Gould says a naughty word
      (as reported in Ostwald's book)
    - The unedited footage from some of GG's on-air theatrics (I want to
see more of Klopweisser and the
      metal detector)
    - A whole video devoted to Theodore Slutz
    - GG and his partial conducting of Beethoven's PC.2 with the remote
control pianist

And the list goes on...! Don't tell us there's nothing left, because
there is! We want the good stuff!

Regards,
Matthew