Re: Four short questions about Glenn Gould

The piece of music is Beethoven's Allegro molto from Sonata No.13 in E-flat
Major, Op.27, No.1

You can find it on the "Thirty-Two Short Films" soundtrack CD.

Joanna

><P>Hello All,</P>
><P>&nbsp; I've been lurking in a vague sort of way, wondering when to pose
my own&nbsp;query.&nbsp; Mr. Dennowitz has inspired me to ask now:</P>
><P>&nbsp;&nbsp; Re. the film "32 short films," I have been yearning to
know the title of the piece of music that accompanies the seventh film,
which is entitled "Hamburg."&nbsp; This is the film in which GG receives a
new LP while nursing a cold in dank and dreary-seeming Hamburg; his wish to
have someone with whom to share the listening experience is fulfilled in a
confused and exasperated cleaning lady, who though concerned about keeping
her room-cleaning schedule submits to listen to a magnificent piece of
music.&nbsp; What is that music, and where can I find it?</P>