Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: GG Wagner's "Siegfrid Idyll "

Hmmm ... www.freetranslation.com my robot translator is off line and my German sux, but wouldn't "Der Untergeher" be "the person who goes/travels under things" -- sort of an artistic spelunker who voyages to the deepest parts of an art? I think that's the sense of it ... interesting to know what English translation was chosen for it.

Bob / Elmer