GG: The Loser

The English translation evokes all kinds of uproars for its inaccuracy--
It's called "The Loser" in English.

"Der Untergeher. (Literally this translates as The Undergoer, but this is
ridiculous and has been translated as The Loser. Unfortunately this loses
the allusion to Nietzsche - "Have you suffered for knowledges [sic] sake?"
- that is, gone under)." http://www.spikemagazine.com/0299bernhard.htm

-Mary Jo