Re: Gould on Mozart?

> Kiri and myself in rehearsal doing Puccini which is cool; can't stand
> Rachmaninov but I looooove Godowsky, Ravel beats Debussy almost all of the
> time, but Koechlin wins over them....

Nice generalizing! :) Real Madrid beats La Corunha Deportivo but Manchester
United wins over them.

Even if I omit a huge pile of Mozart's pop music, he's still the most important
guy in the classical era to me.

Statements a la "Mozart is a mediocre composer" are accepted more easily (but
still in awe at the originality of the sayer) than statements a la "J. S. Bach
is a mediocre composer" because of the seeming lightness and simplicity of
Mozart's music. A very literal approach. Mozart was much more difficult to "dig"
to me than Bach, although I still remember how I thought of the latter to be
dead boring a couple of years ago.

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://www.mp3.com/juozasrimas (oboe, piano, strings)