Re: End of Concerts Possible??

Bonjour F minor,
Elmer with his usual sense of humour says serious things on a matter brought
to our attention by Mary Jo. It's a terrible question. In France the crisis
started by the cinemas = many had to close...
I would like to add two points :
- first, the need for gathering is still very important but it has shifted
from live concerts to sportive crowds, or artistic exhibitions such as
paintings or live concerts of another style of music ;
- second, I feel there should be some effort to imagine new settings for
collective listening to music, at more differentiate times (not always in
the evening after a day work, and not only on sundays... ). In France we
have many Festivals in Summer in very odd places (in open air)and people
come!
In fact, for Gould it was an ethical choice. But if audiences could behave
respectfully for the music and for the performers and if politics could
build adequate places at adequate price and times, I am sure people would
enjoy gathering with others to share a moment of musical interest and beauty
with any orchestra.
About Toronto, my question would be : where do people go to now collectively
?
                           Cordially,
                           Jacqueline