[no subject]

    Is there any actual footage of the real Glenn in "32 short films?"

No.  (One still at the very end.)

    Does the guy who play Glenn perform worthy?

Colm Feore.  This is a matter of taste, but my taste says yes :).
There was no attempt to make him Glenn's double, as far as Glenn goes,
but he's not wildly out of line (IMHO).

    I've been afraid to buy it

Rent it then :)?

Aside from the scenes with Feore, there are also several documentary
segments with people important in Glenn's life, including his cousin
Jessie, Bruno M., Yehudi Menuhin, Walter Homburger, and others.  Not
available anywhere else ...

Finally, the film itself, considered as a film, is very interesting and
well-done, I think.  There was some serious thought and work put into
it.  It is not by any stretch of the imagination a `documentary', yet it
illuminates GG in a way that no pure documentary could.  (Of course the
reverse is true also :)

It's the film that got me into GG's world.

My two cents (Canadian :), for what it's worth ...

Karl

P.S. The other films by Francois Girard and Don McKellar are worth
checking out too, IMHO.