Re: Another Hypothetical Question about GG (more trivial this time)

Not on the 400--we'd never get the cottage and the piano!!

Now, given the traffic on Bloor or St. Clair it's quite possible, as
long as one has a deft left hand for street cars.  It would be great to
steer Glenn into the El Mocambo to check out the Downchild Blues Band,
though parking was always a problem.

But I really cannot imagine anything better than guiding Glenn north of
Finch and the TTC buses, where the roads are suddenly two-lane, gravel,
and ideal for conversation.  Imagine getting Gould and Margaret Atwood
in the car for a drive up to Kleinberg to visit the McMichael Gallery.
Throw in a porcupine crossing the road, Stan Rogers and Yvan Cournoyer
in the back seat, and Blue Rodeo, Stompin' Tom and Don Messer on the
tape deck and you/ve got an Islamic pilgrimage, Canada style.

Let's do lunch at the Voyageur then head up to Go Home Bay.  Climb in a
canoe, listen to the birches humming Bach, pick up your paddle, and
that's as close to heaven as anyone deserves.  Glenn's on one of the
ancient rocks, you know, thinking it all through, watching, grasping
grace, and smiling.  His head is a little bowed, but his right hand is
up, moving back and forth, conjuring harmony and rhythm.

Just my little fantasy here in Taiwan.  Would that it were so.

Larry