Re: GG & CD shop clerks

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 8:50 PM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: GG & CD shop clerks

   Incidentally, I was reading something on the Naxos site about an alternative GG edition of some kind... as an alternative to the one put out by Sony.  Has anyone tried these recordings?  You can navigate through the Naxos site a bit and eventually find something under the heading of "The Glenn Gould Edition ".

Tim, the article is a few years ago. The author of the article was comparing the quality and pricing of some earliey collections of Gould's recordings on SONY Masterworks when compared to the more or less complete Glenn Gould Edition on SONY Classical. The alternative was also put out by Sony... some of the muli CD collections, like Bach or Beethoven can still be found in some record stores.

I don't think Naxos will publishing a Glenn Gould edition until the copyrights expire.

[Ken Hutchins]