Re: perahia

In a message dated 4/13/01 3:51:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jim_morrison@SPRYNET.COM writes:

F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU

here's a link to good, down to earth interview with Terry Gross recently did
with Perahia.? They focus on his recent recordings of some Bach keyboard
concerti, the Goldberg Variations (hence the mentioning on this list devoted
to one of the great Goldberg players) and his relationship with the man
Gould seemed to have something of an issue with, Horowitz.

I did not hear the entire interview, but I recall reading an article on
Perahia in a recent issue in the Jerusalem Report.  Perahia declares his
affinity with Bach, but at some point, he appeared very critical of Gould.  I
think he says the Gould had much to be accountable for.

They  played a small clip from the Dm concerto for keyboard as played by
Perahia.  It felt weak next to Gould's.

Jonathan