Re: Gould as Christian Existentialist

Bonjour F minor,
Quite intimidating to wake up with such famous academic quotations... My
Kierkegaard's reading belongs to the past... in fact, I never felt I needed
to call it back in order to get in touch with Gould's spritual mind. I take
him for a "msytic" of no definite persuasion.
I imagine that he can raise agressivity, hate etc., because this realm is so
emtional that one can fear very much experiencing it...
Gould's life and work are emotion and sprituality oriented and I am sure
many people discover Beauty, rest by him, a place where they can breathe,
get more thoughtful, careful of important matters...
Some people associate him with Kierkegaard, some others with post-modernism
etc... Gould was very opposed to any kind of historicism... the languange of
the soul is neither nationalist nor historical, it comes from the heart and
from the mind...
                                Best,
                             Jacqueline