Re: GG: Solitude

In a message dated 1/5/01 7:47:08 AM Mountain Standard Time, amarble@SFF.NET
writes:

<< I agree with GG that human beings need solitude. Some need
 less than others, while others thrive under those
 conditions. (I think we all need it after being in the
 middle of the crowded store surrounding by noisy people who
 don't know how to steer carts!)>>

Timely statement for those who endure the holiday rush! I thrive on solitude
and completely agree with GGs' statement about "For every number of hours
spent with people, you need "X" number of hours alone".
Having an internet business is perfect for us reclusive types.

 <<I'm a published (finally!) writer, (1) so I understand the
 need for solitude. On the other hand, I can write in the
 middle of a room of noisy relatives.>>

Where?! I'd love to read it.

 <<Do creative people need more solitude than others? Or does
 it depend more on temperament than anything else?>>

I think that it depends on temperament. I need lots of solitude or I cannot
do glasswork or transcriptions of piano music to classical guitar. This is
probably not true for all creative people.
>From what I've read of GG, he had friends but kept them at a distance; he
always controlled the amount of contact.

Best,
Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com