GG: And now a banal question...

(This subject line will only make sense to people who were
on this list last fall. <g>)

What is your favorite Glenn Gould anecdote? (Preferably true
but stories that never happened are acceptable if they are
the type that should have happened. That is its own type
of truth.)

I like the story I read in one of the chat transcripts about
GG picking up stray dogs in the street, buying them burgers,
and bringing them into the recording studio. And then making
the crew members take care of the dog while he worked on
his recordings. I don't know if it really happened. But
darn it, it should have. ;-> (Obviously it did not happen
while Andy Kazdin was around, or we would have heard all
about it! Perhaps it happened at the old CBC studio on
Jarvis Street...)