Re: cage and gould - enough!

Hello all,

John Cage is a major 20th Century thinker.  Gould took him seriously
enough.  In the Concert Drop-Out interview GG is asked about Cage and he
says emphatically that Cage ought to be writing for the radio (which he
did a time or two)-- a high complement in Gouldian terms.

I see no problem with people discussing Cage on the list (in fact I find
it amusing and interesting), but please keep the ideas at least related to
the world of Gould.

If you're tired of things Cage, please think of the delete key as your
very own 4'33 performance! Ah Silence!

As always, I love that this crowd is a civilized one!

-Mary Jo,
listowner, f_minor