Diplomatic Bob

Okay, I am summoning up all my (admittedly slim) diplomatic skills here.

This "Stick To The List Topic" thing periodically pops up on this and every list.

Most charitably, I think it's a reflection of individual personalities ... the
eternal war between people who are good at keeping their socks in matching pairs,
and people who have other priorities on their minds.

Of this particular complaint, may I defend myself by saying that, in a thread I
wasn't involved in, some nice fellow asked me a question.

Yes, I do know everything, and love to share it. ( <-- this is a joke.)

By now I have learned that this list attracts and contains hundreds of amazing,
fascinating people with the most astonishing music and life experiences and
achievements. It is characteristic of MY personality and curiosity that I think
it would be a grievous loss to be on this list and only be allowed to read their
thoughts about Glenn Gould.

To me, that's like going to a smorgasbrod with a thousand dishes and only being
allowed to eat the white grapes.

The last time this complaint reared its head, several people pointed out that
Glenn Gould was notorious for his obsessive and lifelong curiosity about just
about everything. We can choose a "strict constructionist" definition of the
Glenn Gould List, or we can choose to try to capture and honor the spirit of
Glenn Gould.

Diplomatic Bob