ABSURD!

<< Could that have come from the Toronto

documentary? >>

Is this documentary available on videotape?

Pamela Glintenkamp

If your speaking of "Cities:Glenn Gould's Toronto," I don't think it is,
actually.  The only reason I saw it was because they have a 16mm FILM of it
where i went to school.  It's surprisingly short and if you've read anything
about the making of this film you'll know that Gould had wanted to cram a
lot  more ideas into the allotted time, but was limited to something like a
half hour:  therefore he talks about a mile a minute.  It's interesting
because he expounds upon how wonderful technology is, which seems to be at
odds with his seeming unhappiness with many aspects of the urban setting?

As a side note, almost immediately after i saw it i was offered an extra
ticket to the symphony, and the music happened to be from "Des Knaben
Wunderhorn" which Gould sings from in the documentary (he sings the sermon
to the fish, but he sings it to elephants{?}).

Alice