Question about Silver Jubilee Album

I wonder if anyone has wondered this also:

at the end of "a Glenn Gould Fantasy" on the "Glenn Gould Silver Jubilee"
album there is a news reporter character called  Cassie Mackerel.  As far as
I can figure from the credits, Gould did this voice as well, but it's
implausibly high pitched!  The only thing I can guess is that he recorded
his own voice in a wonderful Southern accent and then slightly speeded it
up?   Answer:  "yeah, like, tha' Coul' be" (in Theodore Slutz voice).