GG: My Bookstore Find!

Today, I ventured into the famous used bookstore in Wheaton Plaza Shopping
Center. All the proceeds go to the Montgomery County (Maryland) library,
which is an added benefit. They sell both books and records.

Speaking of which... I found lots of Richter albums. Plus Rubinstein and
Schiff, and yes, a little GG. For example, I found a _factory sealed_ copy
of the 1981 Goldbergs. I bought it not even realizing it was still sealed,
because I thought it would be cool to listen to on an album. Great Hunstein
photo, too. (It looks better in its full size than in CD size.) Now, I
don't have the heart to open the darn thing. <sniff!>

And ... I found a copy of the Glenn Gould Concert Drop-Out interview record
album for only a dollar!!! I already have the interview on a CD (through
one of those old Columbia boxed sets). But still, I couldn't leave the
record there.

Anybody know how much the Concert Drop-Out record is worth? I've seen it
priced around twenty dollars -- those few times I've seen it.

P.S. On top of that, I found a somewhat hard to find Vernor Vinge
paperback. (I'd still rather read "A Fire in the Deep" first, though.
<grin>)

------
Anne M. Marble