Re: Pastorale Symphony

Does anyone remember this episode of The Simpsons? (Does anyone else here
own a television?)

Marge the Mom suspects violent tendencies in her kids (even little baby
Maggie) are due to their addiction to a television cartoon show, the
ultraviolent "Itchy and Scratchy" (a Tom-and-Jerry-like cat and mouse, who
sing: "We fight! We bite! We fight and bite and fight!").

Marge starts a mothers' campaign to reform the show, and it eventually
succceeds. At the end of the episode, the new episode of "Itchy and
Scratchy" is all about sharing and loving, with a woman folksinger softly
singing "We love, we share, we love we love, we share ..." with an acoustic
guitar.

All the children of Springfield are so bored and disgusted that one by one,
they turn off the TV and wander outside ... it is a beautiful spring day
... they breathe in the wonderful fresh air ... they look at the clouds and
the birds and the blue sky ... they push each other on backyard swings ...

... and the Pastorale begins to play in the background. Such a perfect,
moving piece of music, such a lovely, thoughtful moment.

Bob