Re: six degrees of separation

Hi Alice

> I guess my input was a little "off topic" seemingly, but I think we're all
> pretty smart and with enough work can easily figure out 6 links between
> almost ANYTHINg and GG!

agreed.  that Gould site that lists some of the books from his library
make this sort of thing very easy to do.  (but that doesn't take the fun
out of it. I like to do it with favorite authors as well, a metaphor game)

> I think that GG was interested in the weird alchemy of chance and
> coincidence, so why not include this on a list about him?
> Personally, I like a little variety if it's smart and well though-out.

Agreed again.  Welcome aboard, Alice.  There are more than a few of us
who feel this way as well.  The Fminor list as Gouldian radio documentary.
Maybe we should think of this list as Gould interviewing us for
one of his radio shows?  Who knows what he'll use?

(Just, sort of, kidding)

Jim

Now go out there and listen to some mono.