Speaking of Gould and Richter

I seem to recall that Gould and Richter were not only aware of each other,
but may have had some direct or indirect contact or communication.

Can anyone assist me here?  What was the reationship, if any?   And what, in
truth, was Gould's impression of Richter and vice versa?

Richter, as we know, was recording and playing quite a bit of Bach almost
contemporaneously with Gould, although the recordings and concerts, when
they were made in the 50's and 60's,  would not have been common knowledge
in the West.

John Grant
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html