Lone Wolf: The Call of the Wild

> From: Jim Morrison <jim_morrison@SPRYNET.COM>
>
> http://www.syrinx-fr.com/home_gould.html
>
> Hello Fminor,
>
> Above is a link to a gould site in french.
>
> Do they have the New Listener CDROM for sale in France?
>
> I don't speak French so any who does please feel free to check out the site
> and tell us what it's about.

When I contacted DNA Media in Vancouver last June about The New Listener CD-ROM I received this reply:
"Unfortunately, due to some complication of rights, we are not able to distribute any at this time." That's a
shame and while there is still no sign or mention of it on their website, it is available (for now at least) from
Boutique Syrinx in France at FR299 (about US$40), albeit in French as Le Nouvel Auditeur. It looks very
interesting; I certainly can't resist ordering it. Merci for the reference.

I'm amazed that every new site that pops up offers up some fresh fact about Gould. From this one I just learned
that his audio library included "a vast collection of recordings of bird songs and wolf calls." I wonder if he
made some of these recordings himself during his northern expeditions. Somehow it's deeply satisfying to imagine
Gould collecting the sounds of nature, pausing in a snowy landscape holding a microphone out into the vastness.

Birgitte Jorgensen