GG: "Magical Land of Noom" (nothing to do with music at all...)

I was looking at the list of GG's books at the Ex Libris web site
(http://users.erols.com/petalpages/gg/index.htm), and I found one I'd
missed before...

"Magical Land of Noom" by Johnny Gruelle. (This was the creator of Raggedy
Ann and Andy!) Quite a change from "The Last Puritan," Marshall McLuhan,
and "The Way of Zen," isn't it?

The entry says that this edition was "inscribed to Glenn Gould by Santa
Claus." Wow! I wonder if he kept this one because it was one of his
favorite books when growing up? Either that, or he really did make it all
the way to the North Pole. <wink>

Has anyone else read this book? Apparently it's a classic of children's
literature. It's about two kids who make a flying machine and enter a
magical land. I can imagine the young Glenn Gould liked to read this to
escape the overbearing atmosphere at school. It was reprinted in 1998, to
lots of praise and fanfare. I'm glad it was reprinted. It looks utterly
charming, and I'm tempted to look for a copy.

------
Anne M. Marble