cortot: off topic

I noticed that Bradley now has the following great quotation appearing at
the end of his emails:

> "Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only
> sparks from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot

Would he or Daniel, who I know is a Cortot fan, care to recommend some
recordings by him?   I hear the Chopin Etudes and the Schumann Carnival are
not to be missed.

And speaking of Carnival, I recently purchased Rachmaninoff's performance of
it and the Chopin Funeral March Sonata and they are exceptional.  He really
has a way with the darker/moodier moments of those compositions.

I know I've said it before, but there really are some great recordings on
Phillips Great Pianists of the 20th Century series.  For some reason, Tower
has a lot of these disc listed as "used" and at 13 bucks for two usually
very full discs of classic recordings, they really are a bargain.

Bye

Jim