Re: Strauss Five Pieces op. 3

Dear Jim,

The five pieces by the Straus is one of the most favourite recording by
Gould.

I've got a CBS edition of Strauss recording.

Amongst five pieces:
1 andante;
2 allegro vivace scharzando;
3 largo;
4 allegro molto; and
5 allegro marcatissimo,

according to the recording note,
1 & 3 (23rd April 1979)
2 & 4 (6th August 1979)
were recorded at Old St. Laurence Hall, Tronto.

5 was recorded on 5th September 1979
at Eaton's, as you stated.

Yes, I will try to find the differences in quality of recordings.

I hope it helps.

Miki WATANABE
Tokyo