Re: GG...and that harpsichord

I can be pretty slow at times, but I think I've finally figured out what's
up with Bradley's comments on GG's Handel.  He's just jealous because he
neither owns a vintage Wittmayer nor can play the harpsichord as well as
Gould.

Dear Bradley, I'm just kidding.   Please don't have someone come to my house
and strangle me with harpsichord wire while I sit at me computer writing
wise-ass emails.

(Anybody else besides me think that Bradley should write an article on GG's
Handel? at the least for publication on his web-site?)

Bye

Jim,

PS:  I've been listening to some "unusual" GG the last few days: the Handel
of course, the Mozart, and his Wagner.   I have a question concerning Die
Meistersinger Prelude.  At 5'33'' on the disc the makes a significant shift
in tone into a fugal/contrapuntal performance.  Is this material in the
original orchestral score, or am I hearing Gould the fearless
transcriber/recomposer at work here?

PPS:  Anyone ever think Gould felt ashamed of what he liked or played?  Hell
no.  We shouldn't either.